The market for baby products is a big one, especially sleep products! Anything that claims to help a baby sleep or get you 12 hours of sleep is definitely going to be added to your amazon cart at 3 AM, when the baby IS NOT sleeping. In reality, you only need a few key items and someone to teach you about your baby sleep habits so you can feel empowered and confident as a mom and get the sleep you need!
If your baby is struggling with sleep, it's time to get help, not order another product on amazon. There is a reason moms say a sleep coach is the best money spent on a baby product!
The one baby sleep item you need is a sleep coach you trust.
- You don't have time- Your priority is caring, loving, and nurturing your baby. Leave the sleep stuff up to an expert who can ensure you are doing what works for your family and your baby. You could spend days trying to piece together the info out there on baby sleep and not to mention the various opinions blurring your thoughts! There are so many reasons why your baby might not be sleeping and it's going to be hard to find the solution on google. It takes a village and it's always ok to ask for help.
- You need the whole picture- Getting a baby to sleep well truly takes looking at the big picture and putting all the pieces of the puzzle together. What if I told you so much of your sleep dilemmas could be solved with simple routine and environment tweaks? It's true! Daytime sleep helps nightime sleep and vice versa. All babies have biological sleep patterns and if we find your baby's sweet spots, we can help them take long naps and sleep more soundly at night without tears.
- It's really hard to stay consistent- If you are trying to teach your baby new sleep skills, the key is setting a plan and staying consistent. Just like we easily put off starting a diet or a workout routine, it's easy to give up on your baby's sleep and just try again tomorrow. In the long run, there are more tears, frustration, and confusion for all involved this way. It's much easier to have someone help you plan, teach you the why, and support YOU as you support your baby.
- Set a foundation for life- When you work with a sleep coach, you are learning the how and why behind baby sleep and figuring out exactly what works for YOUR baby. Once the foundation is in place, sleep will be less stressful for years to come. A well-rested baby and a well-rested confident, empowered mama is a winning combo.
The Other Sleep Items
- Monitor- I always recommend a video monitor. babies are noisy sleepers and sometimes are not even awake when they cry out or make noise. It's helpful to be able to check in on the camera before tending to them at night. We wouldn't want to wake a sleeping baby!
- White Noise Machine- White noise should be played at 50-57 dB, 6 FT away from baby's head. This just simply helps drown out any background noise from noisy neighbors, dogs, siblings, parents, etc. Babies naturally may arose as they transition sleep cycles, a white noise machine can help this be more seamless for them.
- Blackout Shades- A dark room is the most ideal environment for sleep! It helps them consolidate naps and sleep past sunrise in the morning.
Stop letting sleep steal your joy as a mama! Ask for help, it's out there and easily accessible. I have options for any budget. An hour call with me is just $78, my 4-18 month sleep guide is $99, and my 2 week unlimitied one on one package is $399. Your sleep is important too, do not let anyone tell you what you are feeling is not valid!
Nichole @ Little Peach Sleep